Adoption Through Foster Care
MSPCC is committed to finding permanent, loving, and stable families for society’s most vulnerable children. Children who are in the custody of the Department of Children and Families (DCF) have been removed from their biological families due to concerns of abuse and/or neglect. These children are typically residing in foster care, group homes, and/or residential settings. MSPCC works with and provides training for families who are interested in adopting children who may be slightly older, present with special behavioral, emotional, and/or medical needs, or may do best with continued contact with biological family post adoption. These children are of all racial and ethnic compositions and may be part of a sibling group. Our agency is welcoming and affirming. We work with individuals or couples regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or gender. There is no fee to adopt a child in the care of DCF. MSPCC Adoption through Foster Care services includes:
- Informational sessions for prospective adoptive parent(s) to discuss the process of adopting through foster care.
- MAPP training (Massachusetts Approach to Partnership in Parenting); a 30-hour educational program required of prospective adoptive parent(s)
- Adoption home study of prospective adoptive parent(s)
- Matching – MSPCC staff will work in conjunction with the prospective adoptive parent(s) to identify a potential child or sibling group.
- Post placement support – MSPCC staff will offer support to prospective adoptive parent(s) during the transition period prior to your child being placed as well as after your child moves into your home. MSPCC staff will work closely with the DCF area office and prospective adoptive family to ensure that the child and family are adjusting well and determine if there is a need for additional support or resources.
- Post Adoption support – through our Adoptive Families Together (AFT) program, adoptive families can receive ongoing support, education, and training to help support and strengthen their families.
For more information or to register for MAPP training contact Sybil Turk at (617) 587-1519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adoption and Search
MSPCC no longer operates its former private adoption program, Act of Love Adoptions; however we offer support during post placement with regards to facilitating picture/letter agreements and search. Additionally, MSPCC holds the adoption records of the following agencies:
- The Adoption Center
- Parent and Children Services
For information regarding Adoption Search and Inquiries regarding adoptions handled by those agencies please contact us at (800) 277-5387.
3815 Washington Street, Suite 2
Boston, MA 02130
Tel: (617) 587-1554
Toll Free: (800) 277-5387
Fax: (617) 587-1584