The Massachusetts Alliance for Families (MAFF) is an advocacy association dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for children who cannot live with their biological families and for the families who care for them.
MAFF's mission is to:
- Offer opportunities to come together and provide mutual support to each other.
- Educate the general public about the contributions that foster, kinship, guardianship and adoptive parents can make in the lives of children and about issues affecting the quality of care.
- Advocate for appropriate public policies and needed resources.
- Communicate regularly with the Membership about issues of interest to them.
- Provide professional development opportunities and other benefits and services requested by the Membership.
- Work in partnership with the Department of Children and Families (DCF) and MSPCC's Kid's Net Program to improve the system of care for the children in DCF custody.
Each region has a MAFF Regional Chapter that meets at least once a year. The Regional Chapters also elect representatives to the MAFF Statewide Board. The Board meets regularly to identify issues that concern foster, adoptive and kinship parents and to plan advocacy with the legislature, DCF or other systems that impact foster care. MAFF hosts an annual conference for parents and DCF staff. Membership in MAFF is free and open to all foster, adoptive, kinship and guardianship parents as well as anyone interested in improving the foster care system.
Membership in MAFF is free and open to all foster, adoptive, kinship and guardianship parents as well as anyone interested in improving the foster care system.
MAFF Board Members & Area Representatives
For more information about MAFF, email email@example.com or contact Michele Benkis at (617) 587-1666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
President: Cheryl Haddad - (978) 297-4416
Vice President: Patricia Moroney-Ghanem - (617) 472-3181
Click here for a complete list of Board Members & Area Representatives
News and Important Information: