|Parents as Teachers builds strong communities, thriving families and children who are healthy, safe, learning and ready for school. Parents as Teachers is a national program that offers free parent education through personal visits and activities for all families that are expecting a child, to those with children up to the age of five years old.
Who is eligible?
Parents with children ages 5 and under in Holyoke, Westfield, Chicopee, and some surrounding towns.
Parents as Teachers Holyoke can provide:
- Personal visits: skilled parent educators share age-appropriate, child development and parenting information.
- Home, office, or community visit options with an experienced parent educator.
- Parent group meetings: parents have the opportunity to learn from and support each other, observe their children with other children, and build meaningful relationships.
- Screenings: Children’s overall development including health, hearing, and vision are all assessed.
- Post-screening results and additional support to children and families if necessary.
- Resource network: Families are linked to local community resources and services when necessary.
- Preliminary involvement in preschool activities.
- We have parent educators who speak English and Spanish. We also have access to language line for additional translator services.
Parents as Teachers prepares children and families for preschool and elementary school experience and also encourages early literacy by providing books at each visit to participating familied. Independent evaluations show PAT benefits children throughout their school years.
Office location: 9 Sullivan Road | Holyoke, MA 01040
Director: Nancy Ritz
Intake and Outreach Coordinator: Sarah Lynn
Direct line: 781 879 8665