Endorsement® : MSPCC and MassAIMH Partnership to Strengthen and Expand the Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Workforce in Massachusetts.
What is MassAIMH Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Endorsement®?
MassAIMH Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Endorsement® is a credential that provides recognition of specialized knowledge and expertise for professionals working with or on behalf of families with young children.
MSPCC and the Massachusetts Association for Infant Mental Health (MassAIMH) are proud to announce the adoption of the Michigan Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Endorsement® System. Endorsement® serves as one of the first and most comprehensive efforts in the country to define best practice and guide professional growth at multiple levels and across disciplines in the field of infant and early childhood mental health. Endorsement® promotes culturally sensitive, relationship-focused practice and is supported nationally by the Alliance for the Advancement of Infant Mental Health.
Setting the Stage for Workforce Development
As we are on our journey of workforce development through the competency/Endorsement® process across the State, it is important to reflect back on how we got here. Read More
MassAIMH Endorsement® demonstrates that professionals:
Work in a culturally sensitive and relationship-focused way, embedding the Diversity-Informed Tenets for Work with Infants, Children and Families framework to embody commitment to justice, equity, and inclusion in their practice.
Have attained a specified level of professional experience and/or education related to infants, toddlers, and preschoolers based on a nationally recognized set of competencies.
Receive ongoing Reflective Supervision/ Consultation.
Engage in competency-based trainings.
Our development process:
The Prenatal Stage: Spring/Summer/Fall 2019
- MassAIMH Endorsement® Kickoff and Team Building
- A Pilot Cohort of the Massachusetts Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health (IECMH) workforce will be guided by the Alliance in building foundational capacity for the Endorsement® process.
The Infancy Stage: Winter/Spring 2020
- A bright new world: First MassAIMH Endorsement begins!
- It takes a village: Healthy development requires a village of support across sectors and levels. We’ll be cultivating a community of members including both Endorsed® IECMH professionals and others. Please connect if you’re interested in joining our family.
- Ongoing growth and development: We are developing a strategic plan to ensure supportive, sustainable funding for MassAIMH.
To learn more, contact the Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Partnership Manager,
Aditi Subramaniam at email@example.com.